Wednesday, April 15, 2020

ANIMALS ON THE LOOSE WORLD WIDE FOR WORTHY CAUSE

Pooh  Bear comes out of  tropical  hibernation .

Tottering about the  garden picking up fronds, pulling out weeds ,  it came as a  surprise to  spot  what  looked like a critter perched  in the  driveway  frangipani peering at me  . Hallucinating ?   While I am of  an  age when I could easily slip into my second childhood, it  certainly was  not a figment of my imagination .

 On  closer examination , it  looked   like Snoopy wearing a battered hat . What  the  hell  is  Snoopy  doing  hanging  about  in  my  jungle ? Honestly, I did not  buy up big with  John Barleycorn and beer  to see me through the pandemic . There  really was  an odd  looking   bear  in the tree - XXXX proof in the following  photograph.
 Making  verbal  contact  with my Kiwi neighbour  , I was  informed that it is part of  a world  wide  move   to  place  toys, especially   bears , in trees and in other prominent places  for  children to  see  when  out walking with parents  or  driving  along  in  cars , to  ease  the  strain  of  these trying  times .
 
The toy  in my tree  was  one of a number  scattered about  Magnetic Island , North Queensland , there said  to be  several visible  along Mandalay Avenue , one  up a pole  somewhere .
 
To join in the  campaign , an old studio  photograph of a  kid with a  bear  was  pulled  out  of  this  blog's dusty  files  and  attached to  the trunk of a palm tree .  
The   neighbour's daughter was  alerted  a  pigeon  had  flown in  with  a present   for her . That  moulting  pigeon had previously delivered  another  studio  shot of  a child posing  with a  toy  which  looks like some kind of dressed up waterfowl.